Design Brief 2018 World Sneaker Championship
You’re invited to enter the WORLD SNEAKER CHAMPIONSHIP design tournament and join others in the creation of the next generation of sneaker culture community – powered by Foot Locker. You are welcome to enter your original design, vote on your favorites, or enter AND vote.
Do you have what it takes to be one of the 64 best sneaker designers of the next generation?
DESIGN A SNEAKER WITH THESE WORDS IN MIND: CRAFTMANSHIP, TIMELESS, FOCUSED, IMAGINATIVE, & EMOTIONAL
PENSOLE is recognized globally as the leading learning resource for the footwear industry by discovering, developing and placing the next generation of footwear designers in the industry.
Our consumers support PENSOLE’s mission to elevate the footwear industry. They are designers, influencers and collectors. LEADING the TREND instead of following it with their style starting from TOE to HEAD.
The original colorway of the winning shoe will be distributed exclusively at select Foot Locker stores globally.
An exclusive China colorway will be distributed through EDCO, the official China partner of World Sneaker Championship.
The winner will be crown THE 2018 PENSOLE WORLD SNEAKER CHAMPION and receive:
- $20,018 cash prize
- A pair of the winning design
- 2018 PENSOLE WORLD SNEAKER CHAMPION belt
- WACOM MobileStudio Pro 16 (Product retail value of $3,000)
- A trip to World Sneaker Championship event in China – Sponsored by EDCO.
2 Designers who make the Semi-ﬁnalists round will receive
- WACOM Cintiq Pro 13 (Total retail value of $2,000)
4 Designers who make the TOP 4 round will receive
- WACOM Intuos Pro (Total retail value of $1,000)
8 Designers who make the TOP 8 round will receive
- WACOM Bamboo Slate (Total retail value of $ 1,200)
- A free trip to attend the 2018 WSC’X event in CHINA
16 Designers who make the TOP 16 round will receive
- WACOM Bamboo Duo (Total retail value of $480)
- A scholarship to attend one of PENSOLE Master Classes (Cash value of $96,000
Disclaimer: All prizes are final and cannot be traded in for cash value. WACOM prizes listed above may be substituted or changed to different product without prior notification.
(1) Proportion: The shoe silhouette is in proportion to the shape of a foot or a last.
(2) Rendering: Your sketch shows line quality and accuracy. You are able to communicate form and texture through your rendering.
(3) Originality: Your design is unique and original; unlike any other designs in the market.
You must be at least 18 years old at time of entry. Professional designers entering the tournament as a contender must have less than ﬁve years professional design experience in order to qualify. It is the designer’s responsibility to know their limitations in contracts with current employers.
Please ensure you have read the following.
HEAD-TO-HEAD LIVE TOURNAMENT
2018 World Sneaker Championship is bringing you a live sneaker design tournament hosted in Portland, Oregon. The TOP 8 designers will be challenged daily with new design briefs. Help select the winner each day in Head to Head voting, round by round until we have the last one standing!
Follow @WorldSneakerChampionship to be updated about WSC 2017 product release, surprise announcements, prizes, and more.
2 deliverables you need to submit to qualify for TOP 64 bracket consideration.
Hand Rendering Design:
- Submit (1) Lateral view & (1) Outsole view, full-color, hand-sketched design on white paper.
- DO NOT SKETCH DIGITALLY.
- Scan your work and upload it below. Acceptable format: PDF, JPEG, or PNG.
- Create a 1-2 mins video talking about yourself and your sneaker design.
- Post this video on YouTube, Vimeo, or any video sharing platform of your choice.
- Copy the URL link to your video and have it ready to be submitted along with your design submission.
- You can start promoting yourself through social media to build your fan-base in case you make it to the TOP 64 bracket.